Thursday, May 23, 2019

Letter of Competency (LOC)

There are 10 units/modules/categories where you will be rated on a scale of 1-4.

4 = can do this task independently
3 = can do this task with some help
2 = cannot do this task without more training
1 = cannot really do this task at all

Modules

1. Computer - everyone got 4

2. Design: Logo types, Apple Device Sizes, Lesson 3.9 Workflows

3. Web HTML JavaScript: Color Schemes, Keyboard shortcuts, Current Events web page, Popups, Sorting, Resistor Color Code, Portfolio

4. Math: Random color schemes, calculator, BMI calculator, Fortunes, MPG calculator, Tic Tac Toe, Multiplication Table, 4 Kids, Chinese Zodiac. (PM class: Water molecule, Benzene ring, encryption, Veen diagram, chocolate molecule, SVG apple, bank logo, particle logo, safari icon, google photos icon, tile grid, speedometer, basketball, gears, clock.)

5. English: College and career plans, App ideas, current events research, DNA food allergies app, Morse code keyboard, Finding your passion

6. Adobe Illustrator: Business card, gear, navigation icons, striped apple, Logo, Poster or Album cover

7: Research: same as 5: English

8. Basic App Coding: All Xcode apps except those listed under #9 (25+ assignments)

9. Advanced App Coding: Apple Pie, Personality Quiz, Emoji Dictionary, Saving Data, Snake, Final App

10. Career Readiness: Career readiness weeks 1-18 of semester 2

Career Readiness

I adjusted your overall career readiness score up or down based on these criteria listed on the letter of competency:

Teamwork - I adjusted your score downward if you left your teammate doing the bulk of the work on the final project. (I also adjusted your final project grade downward.)

Respect - I adjusted your score downward if you're always talking while I am talking. You know who you are.

Follows Instructions - I adjusted your score downward if I found contraband on your computer such as Spotify, games, or other downloads not allowed in the network agreement.

Attendance and Punctuality - I adjusted your score downward if you have been habitually absent or late.

Honesty - I adjusted your score downward if I found you cheating.




No comments:

Post a Comment